Difficulty Level: Easy
Time till Eat: 30-35 minutes
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Introduction and History of the Dish
Steamed omelette is a traditional home cooked dish that is found in all households in Taiwan. As the name implies, it is usually steamed, but can be made in the oven as well. This is a two-ingredient dish that is perfect for aspiring chefs.
- Fork or whisk
- Measuring cup, preferably with CC/ML indicator
- 16 oz ramekin
- Fine mesh strainer, optional
- Baking dish
- 2 eggs
- 200 cc Chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (F)
- Beat two eggs in the bow
3. Add 200cc of chicken broth to the eggs, mix well
4. Strain (or just pour) the mixture into the ramekin. Staining removes parts of the egg that does not dissolve and produces a silky smooth texture.
Put the ramekin into the baking dish and add about 1 cup of hot water into the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The thicker your mixture is, the longer the time it takes to bake it.
Let it rest a minute before enjoying, don’t burn your mouth!